Adapting Rituals  

Posted in , , ,

Source: ShutterstockApril 20th is the Full Moon, the one American Indians call the 'Full Pink Moon', and I wanted to start the first ritual of my new practice that day, as well as spend the time up to that point considering what my purpose in life might be right now. Well, given this new focus of mine on the Aztec faith and mythology, I headed over to the Aztec Calendar site to see what the day would be like.


I entered the correct date, got my answer and looked up the results. One of the comments that stood out to me was "These are good days to withdraw into the solitude of contemplation and self-discipline; bad days to traffic with those on another path." To me this means, I need to really think about this idea in my head, which I'll get into a bit more in a minute, and accept the essentially solitary nature of my path right now, however much I dislike it.

The second thing that stood out almost immediately was, "Ocelotl is a good day for doing battle. It signifies power, valor, and reckless abandon in the face of danger." This particularly applies for two reasons. The first is that I'm encountered some small resistance to my mixing the Aztec faith up with Wicca, and while I understand the reasons and the ideas behind that, I respectfully disagree and I'm going forward with this project.

But the primary thing that keeps returning is that I've always felt that somehow, some time, I was going to work towards the goal of reconciling Christians and pagans, of showing both sides that there is merit in the other. Given what I've already written here, I do seem to be following that concept rather closely and what a battle it will be!

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 27, 2008 at Thursday, March 27, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

If you're on Facebook, come on over to the Christian-Pagan Dialogue group.

April 10, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Post a Comment