Dragon Magic - A Creation  

Posted in , , , , , , , , , , ,

I just finished reading a good starter book, Silver Ravenwolf’s “To Ride a Silver Broomstick”. Not a bad book but definitely a beginner’s tool, it was a good refresher course. But it’s time to move on to something more advanced.


Since I can’t find a coven, “Living Wicca” by Scott Cunningham seems to be a good choice. In this book is a whole section on creating your own tradition. I could probably do this without the book but it never hurts to use it and cover all the bases.

One thing that has drawn me for years is Dragons. I’ve been involved with them by owning figurines, being an active member of an online fan group, editing and publishing a newsletter for that same group. So it makes sense that dragons and dragon magick should be a huge part of anything I do ritually. And it’s definitely going to be the western variety of dragon. Celtic dragons just don’t do it for me. I’ll probably work Chinese dragons in somewhere, but as Elder advisors perhaps, not real totems of power. Their wisdom is undeniable but they don’t thrum many of my subconscious mental strings.

I already use dragons as elemental guardians when circle casting. Water, earth, air and fire dragons all guard my watchtowers every ritual now. It’s not that large a step to include them more and seek doing more work with them in other ways as well.

For God/Goddess archtypes… I don’t know. I’ve followed Anubis so long, had him looking over my shoulder, challenging me to grow, that I don’t know if I’ll change that at all.

Note to self: this is a great site for dragon art. Print it out, color it, paint it, do something with it.

This entry was posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 at Saturday, March 22, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment