Well, thank you, TDZK.  

Posted in , , ,

blog readability test

First, a little history for you. For a few years, I played an online MMORPG called TDZK, that’s since gone into retirement. Nice game, poisoned community. Someone online said (I think it was ProBlogger) “The art of the Internet is the insult.” Those people were virtuosos. You had to learn to write well just to hold your own ground. My boyfriend reads this blog, who incidentally I met through that game and community. He recently commented that my writing had gotten alot better in the last few years. I guess it had to, given how involved I was with the game forums as well as the game itself.

Fast-forward to the present. I was tripping across the internet when I encountered this post by David G who linked us all to a site that will check the reading level of your blog. Well, of course I had to go check it out for myself for Musings of a Housewife, especially after the comments by my better half. Having browsed some of the results David got for a variety of blogs, I expected a reading level of high school perhaps. Imagine my surprise…

This entry was posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 at Sunday, March 23, 2008 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

# Darius099 Says:
March 23, 2008 at 8:59 pm e

Well, I did mean it you know.
# Stan Says:
March 24, 2008 at 2:34 pm e

Viri–you’re his better half, but I’m not sure I’d call him *you* better half. ;)

Just ribbing you, Phil. ;)

Glad to know you got such a high readability rating, all in all, Viri. :) That said, it’s also possible that general reading levels are dropping, and that David G’s evaluations are keeping up. ;) All the same–this is still a pretty respectable rating; Phil’s right about the improvement of your writing skills.

As for TDZK…*sighs* The community had its ups and downs. It just had too many downs, in my opinion, near the end.
# viriatha Says:
March 24, 2008 at 3:23 pm e

I met Phil there. ’nuff said :)

March 25, 2008 at 3:47 PM

Post a Comment