Funny Things this Week  

Posted in ,

April Fool's Day: GmailImage by Jill - Glossy Veneer via FlickrI'm not a big one for playing practical jokes but I did find some things that made me laugh this week. Here are some excerpts with links back to entire post. Happy April Fool's Day!

By Common Consent,
Like some others, I was dismayed by the recent California ruling which purports to essentially end the practice of homeschooling in that state. Why, I said, that’s outrageous! I should have the right to make sure my child gets a good education in my home, safe from the drugs, sex and mayhem of the public schools. I felt indignant - safely indignant, of course, since I’m in Washington state, but still.
Feminist Mormon Housewives,
And can I salvage the rags? Is there any way to remove all that glass? I kinda think not. I think I’m ragless. I think my attempt to conserve lint, has resulted in the destruction of the hugest pile of rags ever, every last rag I have, my dishtowels, my washcloths, my dishrags and torn up used-to-be sacred underware, the old flour sacks and green scrubies, they’re all embedded with tiny shards of glass. And lint.
By Common Consent, Take 2
Because after a month of rotating infestations among my kids, £50 spent on treatments, and the wailing of miserable children who can’t stand their curly hair being forced through a steel comb, I have come to understand that no loving God would carefully design the pediculus humanus capitis.
Dr. Pepper
DR PEPPER WILL GIVE EVERYONE* IN AMERICA A FREE SODA IF AXL ROSE RELEASES NEW GUNS N’ ROSES ALBUM, CHINESE DEMOCRACY, IN 2008

*Guitarists Slash and Buckethead Will Not Be Eligible For Free Soda
And Google's Annual April Fool's Day joke, not to be missed!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, April 01, 2008 at Tuesday, April 01, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment