Wand Making 101  

Posted in , ,

So, I've decided what kind of wand I want. I'm going to find a piece of wood as long as my arm from elbow to longest fingertip, remove the bark and sand it down smooth. Next, I will carve a bit of a hollow into one end for the crystal. Then I'm going to take a piece of blue silk as long as the wand and 6 inches wide and wrap it around the wood, tucking the ends in on each end of the wand and taking it down somehow into the ends.

I will next take a crystal I already own and glue it into the hollow over the silk. Hrm, perhaps I should glue it in first and tuck the silk in around it... I'll have to wait until I have the wood and the silk and see how it works before fastening anything down. Lastly, I will take two lengths of copper wire (dimensions unknown) and twine them around the wand from end to end like a double helix, ending in woven circles at each end of the wand. So, I need to buy blue silk and copper wire. I have everything else and the wood will be free, when found.

In the meantime, a chuckle. Zemanta, a service I use to enhance content in these posts, recommends this link for more information related to my content. The internet is a great thing but sometimes it baffles me!

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 10, 2008 at Thursday, April 10, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment